Since calisthenics is a strenuous workout activity, many people think women should not perform such a regime unless they are athletes. Perhaps this is a misnomer that needs to be shunned. So, to answer all your queries regarding calisthenics for women, we have created this mini-guide that talks about everything from beginner-level workouts and nutrition to valuable tips that bring excellent and long-lasting results. Let’s get started, ladies!
Beginner-Level Workout Exercises For Women
The best thing about calisthenics is that any person with any skill level can start the training and get proper results. Even if you are a beginner, you don’t need to feel overwhelmed with the advanced variations of the calisthenics program. Here are some basic exercises that you can opt for to build better endurance and body strength.
- Walking lunges
- Mountain climbers
Is Calisthenics Safe For Women?
Yes, calisthenics is completely safe for women when they follow a good Calisthenics program. They have proper instructions on all the exercises, and it is better to do warmups and full recovery steps to avoid any unnecessary injury. The key is to push your limits progressively and build momentum slowly.
What About Nutrition?
Mind you, calisthenics without an administered nutrition plan won’t work as expected. The 30% exercise and 70% diet rule applies here as well. So, it’s important to follow all the necessary guidance that your trainers provide and not miss out on any vital food groups. For best results, have a well-balanced diet and opt for healthier options when eating outside.
Some Valuable Tips For Diving Into Calisthenics
- Always start with the basic exercises of the calisthenics program. Focus on the four core exercises of the training regime.
- Never raise your exercise level abruptly. Start slow and focus on the proper technique of all the basic exercises. Once your body adapts to the exercises, then try some challenging variations and raise the rep count to increase the overall resistance level of the training.
- Never forget about cardio training. Incorporate some exercises like mountain climbers, jumping jacks, etc., in your routine to build a good cardiovascular endurance level.
- Partner with an exercise buddy to stay consistent with your training. With the right partner, you will feel more motivated to complete the exercises daily and enjoy the whole experience. This further promotes your body towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Always opt for professional assistance if you are a beginner in the world of calisthenics. An expert trainer will help you build a custom routine according to your body status and help you learn the proper techniques of all the exercises. Moreover, the trainer will guide you through a proper diet and recovery routine so that you can avoid injuries and enjoy a lean and fit body.
You must have been well-versed in the fact that calisthenics works equally for both men and women. Therefore, you shouldn’t think twice before opting for some calisthenics plan. Believe it or not, it is a truly wonderful journey that you will enjoy once you make it a habit. So, get suited up ladies, it’s calisthenics workout time!